East AfricaBook - 2018
Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s East Africa is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Feel the pounding of hooves as wildebeest stampede across the plains of the Serengeti; get close to gorillas in Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda; and hike on the slopes of Mt Kilimanjaro. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of East Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s East Africa:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s East Africa is our most comprehensive guide to the region, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Kenya and Tanzania guides for a comprehensive look at all these countries have to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017
Lonely Planet’s East Africa is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Feel the pounding of hooves as wildebeest stampede across the plains of the Serengeti; get close to gorillas in Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda; and hike on the slopes of Mt Kilimanjaro. All with your trusted travel companion.
Baker & Taylor
Complemented by reliable maps, helpful recommendations and up-to-date coverage of things to see and do, these popular travel guides are designed for travelers of every budget and include extensive itineraries, maps with cross-referencing to the text and much more. Original.